Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday, Monday...

Still tired from the weekend, though we really had a good time...:^) ...Lots and lots of little faces...a few big ones...matching face-paint colors to outfits, working around hovering mothers and having some very interesting conversations (the face-painter must be the equivalent of the hairdresser for little ones)! ...Some waited in line for hours at the busiest times, which is really an extreme compliment ~ I also had many repeat customers from years past (who reminded me exactly how I'd painted their faces last year..."Remember?"...) ~ ♥

At the end of the day I was tired and paint-spattered and covered head-to-toe in glitter...but it was a good feeling!

...
Photobucket
...
I've been playing again this evening! I am so messy ~ glad this is outside, though it was a little cool. Not too many more pinecone scales to glue on...the most difficult part is finding the "right" one each time (I shouldn't be so picky)...
...
Photobucket
.
I just gave this antique gate a fresh coat of black satin spray paint (it used to be at the house Mr.B grew up in) ~ I plan to use it as a sort of "backdrop" for the kettle/fairy garden, and plant pink and white cypress vine on it.
.
Photobucket

Photobucket

...
I couldn't resist placing the little house in its spot in the fairy garden...(I have always been (playfully) fussed at for doing things like this...bringing accessories into an area in the house that's still being worked on, etc. ~  I can't help it...I'm impatient and I just want to see what it's going to look like...;^) ~ I was amazed at how much all the little plants have settled in (and grown...the little "petunias", anyway)!

See the little green bench? A little Dept. 56 Village accessory...I never used the few I had very often, as the scale isn't right for the houses, really...it's perfect for this, though!
...
Photobucket ...
I placed a chunk of amethyst (from my friend Elaine) near this rock (that I think looks like a little cave) sheltered by Winter Savory on the garden path...
...

Photobucket
...
 
Beautiful sea glass from my friend Wendy looks so pretty near the Blue Star Creeper!
 
...
 
 One more thing...

Photobucket

Photobucket
...

Wednesday is Miss Tallulah's "Spay Day"...I think I speak for everyone else in this household ~ human and "fur" ~ in saying that we will be SO glad!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

♥ ♥ ♥
Anne

This new Blogger interface ~ and photo spacing ~ is maddening! If you don't have type of some sort separating the photos, they jam right up against each other (at least with the old interface I had learned just how far apart to space them...and they stayed!) ~ Has anyone else figured this out?

37 comments:

  1. Love how the fairy garden turned out.
    I'm loving that gate too....it's fantastic!

    Haven't had any problems with the new blogger stuff....yet.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fairy garden is enchanting! I love how you glued each piece of the pine cone for the roof. A-maze-ing!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed you are a new follower of mine and was so interested in your blog name I had to come visit. Your blog is beautiful! Your photography is lovely. I am in love with your cat. I used to show Silver persians--your Miss T has the most beautiful face, lovely eye color...she is a beauty! I only have 1 silver persian left and he is so old--not as beautiful as he once was but we still adore him. I think Silvers are the most gorgeous cat there is--I love Goldens too:) I am now following you too. Looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wee house - gorgeous. I've always loved the faded colours of sea glass , looks great in the little garden.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the GARDEN IS A BEAUTIFUL DREAM COME TRUE ... AND YOUR CAT IS BEAUTIFUL ...
    KISSES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    Wow! Your little house turned out great. Such a creative thing to make, I want one. I love pine cones and just can't seem to find many around here. Now if we were still up in the mountains, they would be easy to find.

    The sea glass looks like it would glow in the dark. Its neat.

    Love your kitty.

    Have a great Tuesday...
    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures !! I love the little fairy house. It is beautiful and the garden..... I know where I would want to live if I were a fairy ; )
    Such great pictures of Miss Tallulah !!!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty little garden and I love the gate. It makes a great backdrop. You have been so patient sticking on all the roof 'tiles' and it has paid off. I love crystals and sea glass too. I spend hours beach combing and have lots of jars full of glass and pebbles waiting for projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gourd fairy house, and as for that black gate....ooh la la! Most excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gourd house and the fairy garden are pure genius! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne your fairy garden is gorgeous and your plants look so beautiful - love the touch of stone and bench as well. Hope you have a great day. Love Pix

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos of your gardens. Love the little house you made. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the whimsey of your creations and your beautiful gardens! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Wee Garden is most enchanting! Especially the Fae Home! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been so busy. Love the iron bed frame and your fairy house is right in my zone.
    I too am hating the new blogger thing, I can't find the list of blogs I follow?? it isn't the greatest. I finally popped back to my old look so I could play catch up on all my favorite blogs.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your fairy house and garden! So adorable. On the picture spacing I just use the curser to space it and it stays. I have sometimes gone to the HTML format and spaced them there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fairy house is turning out wonderful! I once did something similar with pine cones, turning them into shingles. But I was nowhere near as finicky as you on finding the right one and placing it just so. Yours looks so much better than mine did, probably because of that. I do the same thing, trying out new stuff before it's ready.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that little pine cone fairy house! Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my blog and being my newest follower! I am happy to make new friends and especially those from my state of Missouri. You have a lovely blog and I'll be happy to follow back. I love your pretty fairy garden, but what really caught my eye is your beautiful kitty, Miss Tallulah! I love furbabies and she's just a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The wee house and your garden are a perfect match! Beautiful!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wishing Miss Tallulah a good day on Wednesday!

    Your garden is quite enchanting, although you say it is not yet completed.

    It sounds as though your face-painting was definitely a success!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nope darlin', I spent the better part of a day separatin', and spacin' and redoin'...it's a real pain!!! Had me chewin' nails and I finally just threw the post up as is.

    Sooooo not the way I fly!!!

    Your wee little House is so cute in your fairy garden sweetie. Great job!

    Have a beautifully blessed day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I am loving that black fence...love the design and purrffecctt in the garden..and I love your precious kitty..that is one photogenic gal.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the little house and the kitties are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really, really love how your Fairy Garden turned out!!! It has so much charm and character and I just know a little fairy is hiding in there some place, or wants to move in!!! :-))


    PS: I hope Miss Tallulah does well on Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Anne: I can't even talk it is so sweet. I'm like you, the Captain is still trying to work on something, and I'm dragging pictures or furniture in because I can't wait. Good luck to Miss Tallulah on her surgery day..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful garden you have. How cool that you are using that gate from your hubby's childhood home!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. This fairy house is so cute. What a great idea. Love your blog and I'm a New Follower too. Thanks for your wonderful comment, would love for you to share on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Everyone will be inspired to create one too!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like the pineal house and the kittens are so cute! I love cats!
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wish Tallulah well, poor baby. I hope she doesn't feel any pain and is getting into mischief very soon!
    Your shutters on the fairy house look so enchanting with the flowers. I bet the fairies are planning a housewarming!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You keep the most charming blog! And I just adore the title and its header. Beautiful work on those lovely young faces, btw.
    So glad you stopped by and became a Follower so I could know of you r work! ANd your little gourd house has charm plus magic to it. You just keep on being picky over which pine cone bit to place where. The care in your work shows.
    What craftsmanship!
    Love it!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  33. Forgot to ask: Have you heard about a very fun and colorfully photographed bok entitled, "Why Cats Paint" ?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an adorable fairy garden! I want, I want!!
    We have a fairy living at the base of our pine tree, you can see her here: http://jaynescountrygarden.blogspot.com/2010/05/flora-and-fauna.html Her home isn't as lovely as the one you created though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh - and I can understand why everyone is thrilled that today is Miss Tallulah's spay day!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my gosh! I looooooooooooove that little fairy house! I want one! It's so darn cute I can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!