Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day!

 photo may17_zps2b63499a.jpg
~
 
Hi, Everyone!
 
Happy May Day!
 
 Rabbit, Rabbit! (Did you say it?)...:^)
 
I know, it's almost over...
 
It's the thought that counts, though, right?
 
 
 photo may13_zps525cc66c.jpg
~
 photo may19_zpsc0be64e0.jpg
~
 photo may18_zpscbebaf76.jpg
~
 
I'm thinking my Fairy Village needs a Maypole...
 
Fairies should be able to use one year-round, don't you think?
 
~
Yesterday, April 30th, was my oldest son Mark's birthday...
 
He is older than I think of myself being!
 
~
 photo may11_zps444a6334.jpg
~
 
Daughter Katie had a good idea...we could celebrate by all

 going to see Jurassic Park in 3-D...
 
We did, and it was so much fun!

(Before we left, though, we had cupcakes with little dinosaurs on them ~ :^)
 
Daughter Mandy came down from St. Charles...
 
(That was supposed to be a surprise, but I slipped...) ~
 
We were in an almost-empty theatre ~

So it was almost like a private showing...

Mandy said that in our 3-D glasses, we looked like this character, Dr. Malcolm...

~
 photo may120_zps9a892cea.jpg
~
We did!
~
 photo may12_zpsd0329153.jpg
~

My "delightfully tacky, yet unrefined" gift to Mark...

(One whole dollar from Dollar Tree...)

He said it would be velcroed to the dash of his truck today...;^)

~

Have a great Thursday, all!

More soon!

Love,
 
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Love the dinosaur cup cakes! Glad you enjoyed the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, What a great birthday. I think seeing the 3-D movie would be so fun. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so much fun, love you, and your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your son! And I have been thinking about Maypoles myself... fitting them into a painting somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful Post!
    All day yesterday i greeted people with ,"Happy May!"

    people are unaccustomed to that specific greeting - but quite used to my JOY - so, i got loads of smiles in return . .

    Your blog is the "cherry on top" -
    I thank you.
    love & love,
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! I really like your maypole pictures! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anne, what a great gift to your son.. If he is anything like mine, he would have got such a kick out of the tacky yet wonderful gift from the dollar tree.. Besides, the real gift was spending time with you, I am sure. So glad you enjoyed your day.

    Thank you so much for coming over and meeting little Gus and leaving such a sweet note... So happy you enjoyed him.
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray!!! Warm at last and on my favorite month "May!" Yes people born in May are very special indeed and have great taste (hola girl on the dash of a truck) and dinasor cupcakes!!!! I am so happy for you fun blog today...♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a Maypole! The fairies will love you for it! Happy birthday to your son! Love the solar hula girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated happy birthday to your son, Anne. I, too, wonder how our children have reached the age they are when I am no older.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday to your son! I think Jurassic Park in 3D would be awesome!
    Love those vintage May Day posters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday to your son. I love the cupcake and the dinosaurs theme was a great idea.
    It must have been very special to all view Jurassic Park in three-D glasses. What a great idea.

    Those vintage post cards looks like they were watercolor paintings. So soft.

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm so glad you visited.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a fun birthday! I laughed when you said your son is older than you feel! My husband and I always say, 'How can our children be older than us now?' (All in their 30's) Love the hula girl gift, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had more fun than one day can hold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha...I love the solar powered hula girl...too funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the vintage May Day pictures! It sounds like you had a fun time. Hope you have a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy May Day ;o) I love all the images and the solar Hula Girl made me laugh! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to your dear son! :)
    What a delightful day, dear friend...a splendid celebration...

    And it's May!!!
    Although around here it looked like January this morning...we were singing Christmas carols...ha...the fairies could not have been too happy about this... :)))
    Big hugs to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely post! I'm glad you celebrated your son's birthday with such a sense of fun! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! Love the dino cupcakes!!! I also love JP; and had to laugh at your Dr Malcolm comment - yep, I can see how we'd look like him in those glasses!

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!