Friday, May 10, 2013

The Kettle Fairy Garden ~ 2013

 photo may101-1_zpsdacc08db.jpg
~
Good Friday evening, everyone!

I've been playing outside again...

Things have been so busy here that we haven't had a chance

to go to Arkansas for more gourds,

So I thought I would recreate my little "Fairy-Garden-in-a-Kettle"

with a few of this years houses...

(See last year's post about the kettle and garden here ~ )

I still plan on doing a larger "village" in the raised herb bed...

But I wanted to play now...:^)

~
 photo may102_zps547dcc38.jpg
~

I love, love, love using tiny-leaved Thyme as Fairy "landscaping"...

Here I used Common Thyme on each side of the steps,

and Orange Thyme back by the Toad House...

~
 photo may103_zpsdb7533da.jpg
~

I know, I have a blogging week's worth of photos...;^)

There are a lot more, actually...

What did we do before digital photography??

(I myself took rolls and rolls and rolls of film...and hoped for the best!)

~
 photo may105_zps19e4bcd2.jpg
~

Uh, oh!

The Fairy has left her slippers out in the rain!

~
 photo may108_zps63e9940e.jpg
~

The path to a Fairy~Friend's house is never long...
~
 photo may107_zps77a021a7.jpg
~
 photo may106_zps0f180bf6.jpg
~

The "Mini" Fairy House...

~
 photo may95_zpsbbeb93a6.jpg
~

Aren't these little Pansy "faces" sweet?

And the yellow and white striped Calibrachoas ~ "Lemon Slice" ~

  (Love that ~ I am such a pushover for a name!

I think companies that don't name their products (no matter what they are)

...or maybe just number them ~

are totally missing the boat,  don't you agree?) ~

 were an early Mother's Day gift (as well as the Alyssum) from daughter Katie...:^)



 photo may96_zpsd0474f8a.jpg
~
 photo may98_zpsdb12fd42.jpg
~
 photo may104_zpscd9d0a72.jpg
~
These don't even look real, do they?

They look like little silk flowers...but the are a "mounding perennial"...so pretty!

Neon Rose Saxifraga...

Tiny and very "Fairy-ish"~looking!

~
 photo may93_zps9200b959.jpg
~
I'll post a tutorial for these on Saturday...another fun little project!

~
 photo may910_zpsbd189423.jpg
~
We found this rock that looks like a little cave

in a creek near Meramac Caverns...

I made a little polymer banner...in the hope that we see Peter (the Toad) again this year...♥

~
 photo may99_zps939017bf.jpg
~
Not Peter, but cute...
~
 photo may911_zpsefd204bf.jpg
~
 photo may912_zpsdb460355.jpg
~

Have a fabulous Saturday, all!

Check back tomorrow evening for the LadyBird ~ umm ~ LadyBug house tutorial!

Love,
Photobucket
 
Sharing this post at The Dedicated House's Anything Blue Friday!

29 comments:

  1. I will be back for sure tomorrow! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Fairy Garden is so charming! I love the tiny shoes! Your flowers are beautiful and the little toad house is so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!!! and the flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO talented! I love the fairy neighborhood AND Peter's house!
    I must search for some tiny thyme and begin my little fairy land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beyond awesome my friend, will be back tomorrow. I received my darling fairy shoes, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter the toad looks right at home in your garden and I bet that he has paid his rent by taking care of all the bugs who dare come visit.

    Your creations are just spectacular and so is your photography. Have fun.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fairy garden is absolutely brilliant! Whimsical and I wish I could just shrink and take myself there! And those pansies! What darling faces...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana, I'll say it again because it's worth repeating, but your fairy house is just exquisite and captivating, and so is Mr. Toad whose family we've not yet seen this year!

    I hope you're doing well, and I so hope you're having a good weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tire of looking at your little homes Anne, they're just too adorable! Looking forward to the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fairy garden is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing photography, Anne! Now I'd love a Fairy Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It must take hours and hours to make your houses. Such beautiful work. The photos are great too. How do you get such good close ups?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful work you do!! You must spend so much time on those fairy houses - really - so much detail! Great work!!! I love to make fairy houses for my daughter, although they are different from yours. Love your creations! Catherine (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty houses! And I love those flowers, wonderfully photographed (what did we do before digital, ha ha) and, last but not least Mr Toad! Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no words....you are just AMAZING! :))))))
    Happy Dance!!! OMG...the acorn "ladybug" houses...are you kidding me? How do I deal with all of this cuteness??!! :)) Th toad!! :)))
    heeee....I just adore your creativity and whimsy....your talent is beyond...
    Many hugs, blessings, and LOVE!
    Have a FANTASTIC Mother's Day, dearest Anne!
    xoxoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful! You are so creative ~ I'm sure the fairies in your garden are delighted.
    Your posts always inspire me to try and doing something in my garden!!
    Have a magical weekend!
    Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable..Great pictures..Love the toad house, fairy shoes, pansies, etc., etc,

    ReplyDelete
  18. The details you think of amaze me! I've been hanging on to some fuzzy cap acorns for years and i never thought of mini birdhouses...Now i know what to do with them! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing pictures as always:) I love the Lemon Slice...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how wonderful, Great post.
    I have been in the Fairy mod for this past few months. Enjoying Fairy Parties and I can imagine how much little girls would love your garden. Your work is wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your fairy garden! Mom Paula's sister wrote a book about a fairy and she has a little fairy door inside her house on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am as always astounded at your talent. You so have a great eye and love love LOVE your gardens and fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Mr. Toad! I love everything!! So magical and beautiful! Happy Mother's Day ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've had a toad house in my garden for ages and never seen anything in it. Love Mr. Toad. Wish he would send his friends my way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anne, you astound me! Gorgeous! You will be one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see you again at the blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anne, your fairy garden is the most magical I have ever seen! You are so talented and magical yourself. What an inspiration you are to us "hope-to-be" fairy gardener out there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your fairy garden. The kettle is the cutest! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays.


    Take Care,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing work! just mesmerizing... Do you make this for yourself or do you have a place where public can buy these fairy houses ?

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!