Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's Me!

Hi, All!
 
I wanted to check in and let you know I am still on the planet;
 
you are all so sweet to check on me!
 
It has been absolute madness here; not in a bad way;
 
just in an "Oh, my goodness, there are just too many things going on" way...
 
Why does everything happen at once?
 
Why can't life events be all nicely spaced out?
 
It just doesn't work that way, does it?
 
 
Jonathan graduated, and he and daughter Mandy
 
 had a great time in Ireland (her graduation gift to him);
 
now they are safely home.
 
(We picked him up last night and got back home and to bed at about 5 a.m.!)
 
We had a wonderful weekend in Winterset, Iowa,
 
at the John Wayne Birthday celebration and dinner with Maureen O'Hara...
 
(Jonathan and Mandy may have been taking photos of each other on
 
"The Quiet Man" bridge in Ireland at the same time we were watching it
 
on the "big screen" at the vintage Iowa Theatre...you never know! ;)
 
~
 
Now, out of the blue, daughter Katie has been offered a position at
 
her "dream workplace", Turner Classic Movies ~ TCM ~
 
in Atlanta, and we are going down tomorrow
 
to look for an apartment for her...
 
Actually, we are leaving at about 1 a.m., as it is an 8 hour drive and
 
she wants to have the entire day to look...
 
The apartment has to be kitty-friendly ~ she has four!
 
She starts Monday.
 
 (She interned there in 2010...they know she knows her "Classic Movie" stuff!)
 
See? Madness.
 
Then, Empty Nest. ;)
 
I will catch up with everything and everyone (I promise ~♥)
 
very soon...I miss blogging and connecting with all of you!
 
(Oh, Winterset Iowa is also in Madison County, where Clint Eastwood
 
filmed "The Bridges of Madison County", from Robert James Waller's book....
 
Before we left, Katie drove us to see every single remaining covered bridge ~
 
I told her we didn't have to ~ it had already been a busy weekend and we were
 
all tired, but she said "I know you want to see them, Mom!".
 
So we did.
 
In the meantime, I was honored to be asked to write a blog post
 
 about a painting project for DecorativePainters.org;
 
I didn't think the kinds of things I had been doing lately really "fit" that,
 
but I came up with something.
 
I'll show you soon!
 
For now, a nap for a little while before we set out for Atlanta.
 
(Are any of you in the Atlanta area??)
 
I'm leaving you with a little more madness...
 
A Fanciful Twist's Mad Tea Party
 
The one I had such fun with last year...:)
 
Vanessa's planning has begun for 2013!
 
So, be sure to stop by...it'll be a little while, though ~
 
~
 photo madteaparty_zpsf65d2f3a.png
~
 
Needless to say, I have lots of blog-material!
 
When things calm down...
 
See you soon!
 
Love,
 
 
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. Anne ????..It's me ???...hahahahaha...love Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  2. phewwww....you sure are busy but it all sounds good! hope you find a good place in atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! Life just never stops, let alone slows down! Just take a day at a time and such good things are happening now to you and yours - relish every moment! See you when you get back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the meaning of busy, it was a good busy though. I hope that your trip will be not all business and that you'll be able to squeeze some fun in there too. Blogging will be there when yo get back.

    Congratulations to your daughter on landing the job of her dream.

    Take care and be safe.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Jonathon, and Katie. Woo Hoo. Party!1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy -- but you sound happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear all is well Anne and you continue to enjoy your life as it plays out! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures when things slow down. Congrats and ENJOY!!!
    My cypress vines are finally growing and climbing<3 Hope to join you for the TEA Party!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're not in Atlanta, but you pass within about 5 miles of our house on I-20 (in Columbia, SC) on the way to Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, my, my! What a busy little bee you are!

    I grew up close to the "Bridges of Madison County". When we were kids we used to go visit them quite often and also the "tower" in the park there in Winterset. I still like to hit them up when I get back there, which is very infrequently now. For some odd reason that tower seems that it shrunk over the years! ! ! I remember it being much taller! ;)

    Can't wait for the tea party! I don't know if I'll be able to participate with a post yet . . . but I'll definitely be visiting everyone who does! ! ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad all is well...good to be busy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anne - so glad to hear about your happenings...I was beginning to fear you had been caught in a bad storm. Imagine seeing the covered bridges of Madison County - I love the book, the movie and that gorgeous music (soundtrack)! Can't wait to see all your great painting adventures...take care my friend - glad you are still Here!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are moving faster than the terrible weather DOWN there! Oh my! Congratulations to all your puddleducks! You must be popping button PROUD of the all...♥
    Be safe in Atlanta and prayers!

    Visit you soon creative♥ xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many big things happening! Glad to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow busyness in a grand way....I look forward to future posts.:0

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Anne! So much happiness going on! Congrats to your daughter!! Your post brought back so many memories, my son lives just outside Madison County, and two years ago his family took my husband and I on a day trip, first stop was John Wayne's birthplace. From there, we also went to all the Madison County bridges. It was such an awesome day. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You are busy! But it all sounds good (and exciting)!

    Glad to hear that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Anne,

    Congratulations to your daughter! That is very exciting for her, and for you, too, I'm sure. I hope her job is like playtime for her.

    Thought I'd check in and catch up on some blogs. I'm taking a bit of a hiatus right now.

    Blessings to you and to your daughter,

    Marianne xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulations to your daughter, and best of luck finding the perfect place for her and her fur babies! How exciting, sounds like you are both having fun, enjoy yourself, and all the adventures in store, along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Anne! Lots of good things happening there! Congratulations on your graduate, and also on your daughter's new job opportunity. I love Maureen O'Hara - she is one of my all time favorites and of course, seeing the bridges of Madison County has got to be such a thrill! So much excitement and congrats to you on your selection for Decorative Painters. org! Hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Anne, what a wonderful, happy, busy time you're having! You are definitely someone who manages to " Bite each day to the core"
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Anne!! What a fun and busy time for you and your family!! I would say that I hope that things settle down, but it looks like you're having a great time, so I hope the good times continue! :-) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Anne. It wore me out just reading your post! Looking forward to seeing new works.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not sure that I quite understand why we celebrate the birthday of someone who has died...Why not celebrate their life instead??
    Hope you and the kitties have a safe trip..

    ReplyDelete
  24. How exciting for your daughter!!! Congratulations!
    Have a fun and safe trip, my dear!

    And Vanessa's party...oh, that girl is so talented and lovely.
    I won't be participating this year, but can't wait to visit everyone...
    Love to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's been far too long since I've been to visit... enjoyed the catch up.

    I see I'm not the only blogger who has been 'away' from the nest a while. I'm trying to get back into it, but there are other needful things to be done and I don't know where the days fly to!

    I'm sad about your baby robins. I try not to get attached to my fledging families, but it's hard not to!

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places...

    Brenda


    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!