Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Late Winter Project...

 photo 20150208_165533_zpstsa0z72q.jpg
~

Everyone brings me pine cones (for my Faerie House roofs) ~

A LOT of pine cones...

I'm not complaining... I love them, and can't resist picking them up myself, still!

~

So, when I saw this on Pinterest (it's been a while), I did a mental "file-away"

and decided it would be a nice, easy project ~

~

Here goes... "Frosty" Pine Cones

Pine cones
White Acrylic Paint/Old Brush
White Craft Glue 
Epsom Salts
~
 photo 1_zpsksyspxxu.jpg
~

Brush the tips of the cones with white acrylic paint and let dry.

~
 photo 2_zpsg2gyy4kc.jpg
~

Then brush over the white acrylic with craft glue;

(I think the original directions said to just used the paint as "glue",

but it really isn't sticky enough) ~ then roll in Epsom Salts.

That's it!

~
 photo 3_zps5osxonet.jpg
~

What do you think....Yes?

A "keeper" for next Christmas/Winter?

~

Keep warm, everyone!

Love,
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. All so lovely; I wish I could do Christmas all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of using salt. What a great idea! They're beautiful! Looks like a fun project too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely and simple. I love pine cones and I use them as Christmas decorations.
    Stay creative... Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea..Love the results..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, seems easy, and they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture it gives....will look great next Christmas...and it is easy. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the texture it gives....will look great next Christmas...and it is easy. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! You always come up with the cutest things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Anne - I am late reading this post my friend. So glad you shared this lovely winter project. That is certainly something I will file away for next year. Like you I always can end up with lots of pine cones if I want them. Very clever friend. - Hope you are having a good winter - Hugs Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Anne!
    Such a great project. Little bit of effort, and a great pay-off!! I love projects like that :)

    Have a happy day!!

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have a thing about pine cones and they seem to breed in the corner of my studio... One minute there's a few and the next minute there's a crowd.. how do they do that.
    Love this frosting idea, I will try this for snow on the roof's of the little houses I sometimes make.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Frances x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty!
    Hello and Happy Spring, dear friend!
    I hope all is well and you are full of joy and creative energy, beautiful Anne...
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!