Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wake Up!

Photobucket

My garden is slowly but surely waking up!

Photobucket

New little Hydrangea leaf buds...

Photobucket

Lemon balm...I'm so excited ~ (I thought it was an annual!)

Photobucket

Wonderful honeysuckle....

Photobucket

Most of the garden still looks like it's "In the Bleak Mid-Winter"...until you look closer ~

Photobucket

Photobucket

My dear friend Elaine and I bought "matching tortoises" at a little statuary place in Campbell, Missouri, when she visited me from New York last October...mine's loving the strawberry patch...:)

Photobucket

We found this rock in a creek near Meramec Cavern a few years ago, thinking it looked like a little cave...it's just the perfect little "Toad House"!



Photobucket

The Lemon Thyme is coming out with new leaves all over!...it actually never lost its leaves from last year, staying "evergreen" all winter ~

Photobucket


My children moved and replanted this shrub in my yard for my birthday last October ~ I knew what a difficult job it would be, and I told them that was all I wanted!...It belonged to my Grandma Launius in Essex, Missouri, and it is well over 60 years old. I was worried that it wouldn't be able to tolerate the move, and I really couldn't tell last fall, but it looks happy and healthy now, budding all over! I may have to get our nurseryman friend to come and identify it...Grandma always referred to it as a "Spice Bush" (it has tiny yellow flowers and does have a wonderfully spicy fragrance), but the leaves don't look like anything that I've found online for Spice Bush...whatever it is, I'm really thrilled to have it!

Photobucket


The Butterfly Bushes are all covered with velvety little leaves...I can't wait to see these bloom again!
Slowly but surely, Spring is creeping in!

♥ ♥ ♥
Anne

5 comments:

  1. This time of year is so exciting - when new little leaves start to cover everything. I hope your spice bush really is a spice bush. They are great plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so ready for spring! hope it comes early here!

    your photos are beautiful.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first glimpses of spring are always so joyful. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I am yearning to find green things out my window too! I can smell your soil and that lemon balm from here! But you enjoy it for the rest of us who won't see green for another couple of months. Thanks for sharing the pics with us, got me in the mood for spring even though I still have months left of winter!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful (almost spring) photos! Love your spring countdown :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!